limited edition - purple icing
We’ve partnered with New York City-based Magnolia Bakery to whip up a delectable collection of luggage inspired by much-loved desserts, sweetening up your travel set just in time for spring. Purple Icing pays homage to rich buttercream that tops special occasion cakes and cherished memories, and a colour-matched interior adds an additional layer of sweetness to your journey.
With a sleek profile and water-resistant, ultra-microfibre vegan leather, the Metro Duffel is the perfect multi-purpose companion for everyday travel – from daily commutes to weekend trips. The Metro Duffel features our unique QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System, allowing the interchangeable Metro Kit to be easily added or removed to suit your needs.
The duffel’s roomy interior is designed to keep all your essentials organized, with a sleeve that fits up to a 15-inch laptop and inner side pockets that allow for easy access to your water bottle or compact umbrella. The built-in trolley sleeve fits securely around the handle of any Monos suitcase for seamless pairing, and converts into an extra pocket when not in use.
- The nylon finish is made with premium nylon twill and features ultra-microfibre vegan leather accents
- The vegan leather finish is made with ultra-microfibre vegan leather
- Both the nylon and vegan leather finishes are water and scratch-resistant
- Magnetic snaps underneath the main zipper compartment allow for easier packing and unpacking
- 15" laptop compartment
- Zipper pocket inside for extra organization
- Side pockets inside main compartment fit water bottle or compact umbrella, and magnetic snap closures keep the pockets closed and out of the way when not in use
- Equipped with an adjustable, removable shoulder strap and a trolley sleeve to secure your duffel to a suitcase handle while travelling
- Comes with the Metro Classic Kit, featuring QuickSnap™
Metro Classic Kit
- Interchangeable kit is easy to add or remove with QuickSnap™
- Made with water-resistant ultra-microfibre vegan leather
- Zippered pocket with translucent window
- Two other pockets can fit passport, powerbank, or wallet
- Removable carabiner for keys or fobs
- Ideal for taking essentials with you while in transit
Metro Duffel (without Metro Kit)
- Exterior measurements: 16.3" × 11.2" × 7.2"
- Weight: 3 lb (nylon) / 3.6 lb (vegan leather)
- Volume: 22 L
Metro Classic Kit
- Exterior measurements: 8.75" × 6.75" × 2"
- Weight: 0.6 lb
Warranty & Returns
QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System
Our Metro Backpack and Metro Duffel are designed for everyday life on the move. With our unique QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System, the interchangeable Metro Kit detaches easily, so you can quickly swap kits or transfer to another Metro bag.
Boarding a plane or train but don’t want to sacrifice legroom? Stow your travel bag and just bring your Metro Kit to your seat. Going out but travelling light? Remove your Metro Kit and step out. However you move, your essentials are just a quick snap away.
A place for everything
Inside the zippered main compartment, two interior side pockets hold your water bottle and compact umbrella in place, while magnetic snap closures keep the pockets out of the way when not in use. Store your laptop or tablet inside the interior sleeve, and keep items needed for quick access in the outside front pocket. Need more storage in your Duffel bag? The built-in trolley sleeve conveniently converts into another pocket when not in use.
- Lauren W.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsnear perfect
I bought this bag before a 10 day trip involving multiple flights. Overall great bag, fits under plane seats nicely. Specifically opted for nylon as easier to clean if needed, but still looks beautiful. Drawback is the opening itself, due to design it's hard to open the bag fully and thus access inside. Bag does fit a fair amount but found myself scratching hands repeatedly on zipper when reaching inside.
- Khaddy M.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsBloody hell where have you been all my life?
This company is the luggage company my a*se has been waiting for. I have a medium terracotta check-in and bought my gf a black one. They’re beautiful, functional, and well thought out. I purchased the protector for it and by Jove it’s a fabulous accessory. Ofc I had to have a carryon so when the duffels were released, I immediately had to have it. Spectacular ffs. Good looking piece of arm candy right there. Well made, and luxurious. Just take all my damn money Monos. P.S. Customer service is the absolute unit of customer service. They. Handle. It. Full stop.
- Shawn J.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsCool duffel
I like the layout and the material. I also like the re-design, which removes the visible clips for the folio attachment on the outside.
One bad thing—and hence the 4-star instead of 5–is the lack of durability of the vegan leather. While carrying the bag out of my office on the first use, it rubbed the door jamb, and scratches a nick off the corner.
Other than that, it fits great on the Carry-on Pro and the Medium Check-in luggage case.
- Jason B.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 4 out of 5 starsNice Bag
Nice Bag. Good quality and materials. I think it will hold up well. Wish the bag was a couple of inches larger in height and width. I bought the black bag and wish it had contrasting lining on the inside so smaller items would be easier to see. Also I would prefer a snap closure on the laptop sleeve versus the velcro closure that can snag items. These small improvements would have made me give the bag 5 stars.
- Jane T.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsReally wanted to keep this
Really wanted to keep this bag. Ultimately returned it because the placement of the zipper, which does not extend down far enough for easy access and packing. The design is otherwise beautifully sleek and it functions well enough. I do recommend this bag, just would not keep it for myself because of the zipper situation.