limited edition - banana pudding
We’ve partnered with New York City-based Magnolia Bakery to whip up a delectable collection of luggage inspired by much-loved desserts, sweetening up your travel set just in time for spring. Magnolia Bakery’s world-famous Banana Pudding inspires this cheerful yellow, with a colour-matched interior injecting a ray of sunshine into your journey no matter where you’re headed.
With a sleek profile and water-resistant, ultra-microfibre vegan leather, the Metro Backpack is the perfect multi-purpose companion for everyday travel – from daily commutes to weekend trips. The Metro Backpack features our unique QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System, allowing the interchangeable Metro Kit to be easily detached or swapped to suit your needs.
The main compartment is optimized for streamlined packing and accessibility, with thoughtfully-designed pockets that keep all your essentials organized. A 15-inch laptop sleeve allows easy access without needing to open the whole bag, and a built-in trolley sleeve fits securely around the handle of any Monos suitcase for seamless pairing.
- The nylon finish is made with premium nylon twill and features ultra-microfibre vegan leather accents
- The vegan leather finish is made with ultra-microfibre vegan leather
- Both the nylon and vegan leather finishes are water and scratch-resistant
- 15" laptop compartment
- Small, hidden back pocket with magnetic snap closure for your phone, passport, wallet or small valuables
- Privacy compartment made with waterproof fabric for gym clothes or a wet rain jacket
- Includes a zippered pouch, two interior pockets, and large sleeve lined with soft PET felt for extra organization
- Equipped with a top carry handle, adjustable shoulder straps, and a trolley sleeve to secure your backpack to a suitcase handle while travelling
- Comes with the Metro Classic Kit, featuring QuickSnap™
Metro Classic Kit
- Interchangeable kit is easy to add or remove with QuickSnap™
- Made with water-resistant ultra-microfibre vegan leather
- Zippered pocket with translucent window
- Two other pockets can fit passport, powerbank, or wallet
- Removable carabiner for keys or fobs
- Ideal for taking essentials with you while in transit
Metro Backpack (without Metro Kit)
- Exterior measurements: 11.5" × 16.5" × 6"
- Weight: 2.4 lb (nylon) / 3 lb (vegan leather)
- Volume: 18L
Metro Classic Kit
- Exterior measurements: 8.75" × 6.75" × 2"
- Weight: 0.6 lb
Warranty & Returns
QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System
Our Metro Backpack and Metro Duffel are designed for everyday life on the move. With our unique QuickSnap™ Modular Kit System, the interchangeable Metro Kit detaches easily, so you can quickly swap kits or transfer to another Metro bag.
Boarding a plane or train but don’t want to sacrifice legroom? Stow your travel bag and just bring your Metro Kit to your seat. Going out but travelling light? Remove your Metro Kit and step out. However you move, your essentials are just a quick snap away.
A place for everything
Keep your laptop protected but ready to grab at a moment’s notice in its own dedicated compartment, accessible without needing to open the whole backpack. Phone, passport, or wallet that you want to keep close? Use the hidden back pocket with a quick-access magnetic closure.
Shoes, gym clothes, wet bathing suits, water bottle or anything else you don’t want mixing with your other items? A stretchable, waterproof privacy compartment keeps them out of sight and separate from the rest of your backpack’s contents.
- Bob C.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsService help
I just wanted to say a bit about your customer service representative, I’m a older gentleman who’s technically challenged. I had a bit of trouble trying to place a order. The rep I believe her name was Miko spent over half a hour helping me, did not get frustrated with me at all, and held my hand all the way through till we were finished, if half the people in this company of this quality, I know I’ll have a heck of a product. Thanks Bob
- TRACEY L.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsAlmost 5 stars...
I had the original Metro backpack in my cart for awhile but decided not to purchase it because of the unattractive clips on the bag when the kit was removed. I was quite happy when Monos listened to the suggestions of customers and redesigned the bag. The NEW design has a removable pouch with a flap and magnet that slides into the bag making it quite secure. I feel confident it will not fall off and the backpack looks attractive even when the pouch is removed. However, I would honestly purchase another backpack and duffel bag if they designed the metro kit / pouch with clips for optional crossbody option. I took a strap off another bag and made my own crossbody just to show what the possibilities could be. My goal is to buy the entire set for my travel bag collection if this becomes an option. It's a stunning bag. For reference, I am 5'3" (size M) and the backpack fits just right.
I hope this review will be considered by the design team.
- Walter L.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 4 out of 5 starsLove it. Only needs one minor improvement
Love all my Monos products. I travel a lot and they are perfect and well made. I wish the backpack had a side external spot for my water bottle.
- Joni S.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsAwesome
I love the bag, i just wish it had an exterior pocket for my kiyo water bottle 🙂
- Candice M.Verified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsAmazing functionality
This backpack is beautiful, first and foremost. Second, it's incredibly functional. I like how it opens like a clamshell (no more digging for things at the bottom of your bag) and all of the compartments make organizing really efficient. I use the front removable case for my cords and other electronics and it has a great keychain in there as well. I also like the separate laptop compartment. I like not having to open my entire bag to grab it, especially in cafes, and it will be super useful for going through airport security as well. Time will tell how the finish of the vegan leather holds up with more use.Monos2 years ago
Hi Candice! thank you for such a in-depth review. Form meets function :)